Great, now everyone wants to go to Mars.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm not grateful for the help P.J.'s been giving me - I mean the rocket is really awesome - but I think he wants to go to Mars, too! He keeps dropping these hints that are so obvious. He keeps talking about how cold and lonely Mars must be and who knows what kind of monsters there might be and wouldn't it be good to have someone to back me up.

He hasn't come right out and asked, but when he started to make the cockpit large enough for two, I knew what he was getting at.
So now I've got Grandpa trying to bribe his way into going, P.J. nudging his way in, and to top it off, Donald keeps stuffing his toy monkey, his blanket and his binky into the front of the rocket.
Out of all of them, Donald is definitely the last one I'd let go with me. The last family trip we took to the beach all he kept asking was when are we going home? When are we going home? We hadn't even got there yet!

And then when we did get to the beach, he kept taking off his bathing suit and running up to strangers shouting FRWEE! FRWEE! I'm not sure exactly what he meant, but it was totally embarrassing.

I don't need that happening on Mars.


No comments: